Join the Fire Department
Fire department members
The Temple Volunteer Fire Department (TVFD) is always looking for new members to join the department. Our purpose is to:
- respond to fire suppression, rescue and medical emergencies and hazardous material incidents
- provide fire prevention and educational programs for the citizens in and traveling through the Temple area
Even with no firefighter or volunteer experience, the TVFD can serve as a way to assist your local community.
Explorer youth program
The Temple Volunteer Fire Department's Explorer program is designed for young men and women who are age 14 or older, are interested in pursuing a career or assisting their community in the field of fire service. The program offers experience and learning with lots of hands-on activities that promote firsthand experience through training from experienced members of the TVFD.
How to join the Fire Department
To become a volunteer firefighter or Explorer:
- Download and complete the application.
- Have a physical exam, which must be signed by your doctor.
- Bring the completed application to a monthly meeting.
After these requirements have been met, new members complete a 6-month probationary period, and then becoming eligible for active member status. For more information, contact the Chief or Deputy Chief.
Join the Auxiliary
The Auxiliary is made up of men and women of all ages who are interested in supporting the Fire Department.